When your heating and cooling system is old and starting to cost more than it’s worth, it’s time to get a new unit. Before you begin researching HVAC companies in your area, you need to understand how HVAC warranties vary from one contractor to the next. Not every contractor has your best interests at heart, and their quality of work will be reflected in the labor warranty they offer.
At Rudd Plumbing, Heating and Air, we offer a 10-Year Parts and Labor Warranty with every new system installation. Why 10 years? We’re confident in the work we complete and believe it will be rare for you to need your warranty. However, in the event that something does occur, you’ll be covered. After all, problems caused by faulty parts shouldn’t fall on the responsibility of the homeowner. If something fails within that 10-year timeframe, our HVAC contractors will address it promptly with no extra charge to you!
Let’s take a closer look at how our HVAC parts and labor warranty works and how it can benefit you.
How Our Parts and Labor Warranty Stands Out
Our 10-Year Parts and Labor Warranty really is different! Most companies only offer a 1-year labor warranty, while others offer a 5-year parts and labor warranty. What’s even worse is some contractors try to sell you a 10-year warranty. At Rudd Plumbing, Heating and Air, our industry-best 10-Year Parts and Labor Warranty is standard with every new whole home system replacement AND exceeds what others sell you.
If you’ve ever had a leaking coil, bad capacitor, bad board, or failed compressor, you’ve heard someone say, “Well, the part is covered by the equipment warranty, but you’ll have to pay for the labor and/or Freon yourself.” Not only is this disappointing to hear as a homeowner, but it’s also unfair. You chose the HVAC company as your partner, and now it feels like you’re being left out in the cold! If you choose Rudd Plumbing, Heating and Air as your HVAC contractor, you can expect us to act like your partner. That means we’ll cover the costs of parts, labor, and refrigerant if you experience equipment failure under the scope of your warranty.
Is refrigerant really included in our HVAC parts and labor warranty? Yes! If your leak is in a component we replaced, it’s covered! When we say 10-year parts and labor, we don’t have a lot of exclusions. If it fails, we fix it!
Why It’s Important to Replace Parts Before They Fail Completely
As part of our services, we proactively replace parts we can verify are beginning to fail. Why? Well, there are a few different reasons (all of which benefit you, the customer).
- If we proactively replace a failing part, we limit the chance of an emergency service call. No one wants to wake up in the middle of a winter night to find that their heater has stopped working or to disrupt their fun weekend plans to replace a broken HVAC unit. We’ll make sure you don’t have to experience these inconveniences by replacing failing parts we find during maintenance calls.
- We keep you comfortable with minimal downtime. Replacing a leaking coil is much easier than replacing an entire unit, so by catching minor problems early, we ensure your system can get back to running efficiently much quicker than if we had to replace the entire system.
- We keep our schedule open for additional emergencies. We understand how frustrating it is to sit around waiting for a technician to perform air conditioning repairs. That’s why we fix failing parts during maintenance calls, so there are fewer breakdowns (and more time for us to address your real emergency).
- We also keep your system’s little problem from turning into a major thing, which saves both of us money and time in the long term.
Overall, being proactive is a win for both YOU and US!
What’s Not Included in the Warranty
Just as important as knowing what’s included in your 10-year parts and labor warranty is knowing what’s not included. An HVAC warranty does not cover:
- Weather-Related Damage
- Pest-Related Damage
- Negligence or Misuse of HVAC Equipment
- DIY Part Installations
- Damage Caused by Corrosive Environments (such as salty air)
- Improper or Lack of Maintenance
While a lightning strike, someone hitting the unit with a riding lawnmower, or a tornado wreaking havoc on your property is unfortunate, these scenarios (and others like them) will not be covered by your HVAC warranty. An easy way to remember what will not be covered is to think about whether the thing that caused the damage or unit failure was beyond your control or ours.
How to Keep From Voiding Your Parts and Labor Warranty
What do you have to do to keep your warranty active? You only need to do two things. First, change your air filters regularly (which drastically improves your air quality and lowers your energy bill). And second, schedule AC maintenance with our technicians twice a year.
All manufacturers require maintenance on mechanical systems to keep them running at optimal performance and maximize efficiency and life span. Whether it’s your car, your tankless water heater, or your heating and air system, you’ll want to ensure it’s operating correctly before a major breakdown occurs. It’s much better for you to be in charge of when you have maintenance completed rather than letting your equipment decide today was its last day.
Experience the Best HVAC Parts and Labor Warranty in Charleston for Yourself
We know of no other heating and air companies in the Lowcountry that do what our warranty does. We’ve asked, and our customers have expressed their frustration with being responsible for paying for Freon and labor on a new system with other contractors. We agree this is an unfair practice, which is why we created THE BEST warranty in Charleston for a new HVAC system.
Our 10-Year Parts and Labor Warranty is just another way Rudd Plumbing, Heating and Air is reinventing what customer service should be and how we can be better than what you’ve previously experienced.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us anytime. You can schedule your no-cost new system replacement by giving us a call at (843) 879-3818. We look forward to assisting you with your home comfort needs.